Portable Gas Generator Repair
Are you using a fuel stabilizer?
Residential Pressure Washer Repair
Phone or Text
863 286 1829
Residential Lawn Mower Repair
Repairs on all makes and models
Road Mechanic was established in 2012 for Lakeland residential equipment owners that do not have the means to transport their equipment to a shop or cannot afford to wait weeks for the repair to be completed.
This website is designed to inform rather than sell you on our service. If you are seeking professional equipment repairs at a reasonable price without hidden fees, please take a few minutes to review our website.
Road Mechanic is not intended to be a replacement for small engine repair shops. We specialize in equipment break-downs that can be repaired within a couple of hours.
We are aware of non-licensed individuals that advertise "Mobile repairs at your home". For your peace of mind and protection, ROAD MECHANIC is registered with the state of Florida as a limited liability company (LLC), licensed through Polk County and the Florida Department of Agriculture.
Mobile Repair License MV85895
COMPARING REPAIR SERVICES?
Our service call charge is considerable less than a shops pickup & delivery fee and includes the diagnosis or inspection
100% mobile, we do not pick-up equipment for repairs
Most repairs completed on the day of the service call or within one week if parts need to be ordered
You will receive an itemized written quote for the repair not an estimate
Journeyman field service technician will show you the problem and explain it to you
WHO USES ROAD MECHANIC?
- 75% of customers just want their equipment repaired as soon as possible
- 20% of customers want to avoid the hassle transporting their equipment
- 4% of customers complete the repairs themselves
- 1% cannot get in touch with their neighbor down the street
Summary of On-Site Services
- An authorized representative will need to be present on arrival.
- Arrival times scheduled within a two hour window.
- You will receive a text message or phone call with the precise arrival time after the completion of the previous service call.
- Arrival time for the last service call of the day is 1:00 pm.
Repair service calls within our service area are charged a $30.00 service call charge.
The service call charge includes the diagnosis or inspection, an itemized written quote and travel time to your location.
No additional service call charges if a second trip is necessary.
- After the diagnosis or inspection you will receive an itemized written quote for your approval.
- Quotes are based on a labor rate of $60.00 an hour quoted in 15 minute increments.
- Payment is due on the completion of the repair.
Declined or postponed repairs are charged $30.00 for the diagnosis or inspection and a $15.00 travel charge, due on the completion of the written quote.
Diagnostic charges are for tear down only; additional charges apply for reassembly.
You have the option to use your new parts
All parts are ordered from our on-line part suppliers.
(we do not pickup parts locally)
Parts ordered over $50.00, the cost of the parts will need to be prepaid in full
Standard industry warranty 30 days parts and labor
Written quotes valid for 5 days
Total payment due on the completion of the repair
- Engine replacement or internal engine repairs
- Manual steering gears replacement
- Transmission (trans-axle) replacement or repair
- Hydraulic repairs or leaks
- Deck welding or straightening
- Equipment that needs extensive or numerous repairs
Hand-held lawn equipment
On-site repair of residential handhelds (Trimmers, chain saws, leaf blowers, etc.) may equal or exceed the cost of new equipment