Road Mechanic was established in 2012, exclusively for residential equipment owners that do not have the means to transport their equipment to a shop or cannot afford to wait weeks until the repair is completed.
Until Road Mechanic, commercial accounts and warranty repairs are given top priority. By concentrating solely on residential equipment breakdowns I am able to schedule a service call within three days. If parts need to be ordered most repairs will be completed within one week of the initial service call.
We are aware of non-licensed individuals that advertise "Mobile repairs at your home". For your peace of mind and protection, ROAD MECHANIC is registered with the state of Florida as a limited liability company (LLC), licensed through Polk County and the Florida Department of Agriculture. Mobile Repair License MV85895.
This website is designed to answer most of your questions so when you contact us for repairs there are no surprises. Last updated 6-27-17
Road Mechanic has no association with any small engine repair facility
What sets ROAD MECHANIC Apart ?
- You will receive an itemized written quote for the repair, not an estimate
- Service calls are scheduled within three days
- Arrival times are scheduled within a two hour window
- You have the option to complete the repairs yourself or use your new parts
HOW OUR SERVICE Works
Please note: Road Mechanic is strictly a mobile repair company; we do not provide maintenance services or tune-ups unless directly related to the repairs.
Schedule a service call by phone or text @ 863 286 1829
Mobile repair hours, Monday - Saturday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Arrival time for the last service call of the day is 1:00 pm.
Service calls are scheduled by appointment within 3 days, determined by your zip code.
Service call arrival times are scheduled within a two hour window. We can only estimate how long each repair will take. If requested you will be notified with a precise arrival time after the completion of the previous service call.
An authorized representative must be present upon arrival.
We do have a $45.00 minimum service call labor charge.
A diagnostic or troubleshooting charge applies to all equipment inspected.
After the diagnosis or inspection you will receive an Itemized written quote for your approval. Quotes are based on a repair labor rate of $60.00 an hour quoted in 15 minute increments.
If parts need to be ordered, your service call will be rescheduled and the repair will be completed in most cases within one week.
863 286 1829
DECLINED, POSTPONED OR DIY REPAIRS
Declined, postponed or if you decide to complete the repair yourself you are charged for the diagnosis or inspection and a $30.00 trip charge.
Diagnostic charges are for tear down only. Additional charges apply for reassembly.
Payment is due on completion of the written quote.
You can cancel or reschedule a service call up to a 1/2 hour before arrival.
Service calls not cancelled or rescheduled a half an hour before arrival will be billed a $60.00 cancellation fee.
You have the option to use your new parts
All parts are ordered from our on-line part suppliers. (we do not pickup parts locally)
Standard industry warranty 30 days parts and labor
Written quotes are good for 2 days
Recommended repairs that are best left to a small engine repair shop
- Engine replacement or internal engine repairs
- Transmission (trans-axle) replacement or repairs
- Hydraulic or manual steering repairs
- Deck welding or straightening
- Equipment that requires extensive or numerous repairs
DON'T GET FOOLED BY FLY-BY-NIGHTS
Check them out
The links below can be used to check on any licensed contractor or registered business in FL.
ROAD MECHANIC LLC IS A LICENSED ON-SITE REPAIR COMPANY
licensed through Polk County and The Florida Department of Agricultural
Mobile Repair LICENSE MV85895
Why consider ROAD MECHANIC on-site lawn mower Repair?
- No drop-off and pick-up inconvenience
- Licensed in Polk County and with the State of Florida
- Journeyman field service technician. Factory trained and certified on all 4-stroke gas engines and d/c electrical systems
- Will show you the problem and explain it
WHO USES ROAD MECHANIC?
- 75% of customers just want their equipment repaired as soon as possible
- 20% of customers want to avoid the hassle transporting their equipment
- 4% of customers complete the repairs themselves
- 1% cannot get in touch with their neighbor down the street