Please note; Road Mechanic is not intended to be a replacement for small engine repair shops. We specialize on residential equipment breakdown repairs that can be completed within a couple of hours.
By concentrating solely on non-commercial equipment, most repairs are completed on the day of the service call. If parts need to be ordered your equipment will be repaired within one week from the initial service call.
I am aware of non-licensed individuals that advertise "Mobile repairs at your home". For your peace of mind and protection, ROAD MECHANIC is registered with the state of Florida as a limited liability company (LLC), licensed through Polk County and the Florida Department of Agriculture. Mobile Repair License MV85895.
This website is updated on a regular basis and is designed to answer most of your questions so when you schedule a service call there are no surprises.
Summary of On-Site Service
- Service calls are scheduled by appointment determined by your zip code
- New Customers, an authorized representative must be present on arrival
- Arrival times scheduled within a 2 hour window
- You will receive text message with the precise arrival time after the completion of the previous service call.
- Arrival time for the last service call of the day is 1:00 pm
- Service calls within Lakeland are charged a $45.00 service call charge
- The service call charge includes the diagnosis or inspection, supplies and travel time to your location. (labor charges page). No additional charges if a second trip is necessary.
- After the diagnosis or inspection you will receive an itemized "written quote" for the repair, not an estimate
- Payment is due on completion of the repair or quote if the repair is declined
ROAD MECHANIC is strictly an on-site repair company
We do not provide maintenance or tune-up services unless directly related to the repair
- Engine replacement or internal engine repairs
- Manual steering gears replacement
- Transmission (trans-axle) replacement or repair
- Hydraulic repairs or leaks
- Deck welding or straightening
- Equipment that needs extensive or numerous repairs
ROAD MECHANIC is strictly an on-site repair company we do not provide maintenance or tune-up services unless directly related to the repair.
You have the option to use your new parts
All parts are ordered from our on-line part suppliers. (we do not pickup parts locally)
Standard industry warranty 30 days parts and labor
Written quotes valid for 5 days
Service Call Contact Information
Scheduled a service call by phone or text message
863 286 1829
Questions, Inquires or repair estimates by email
e-mail us @ email@example.com Send mail.
Emails are answered within 24 hours
Advantages of requesting a service call by text message
- Text messages will be returned within the hour
- Receive the precise arrival time after the completion of the previous service call
- Cancel or reschedule a service call within seconds
DECLINED, POSTPONED OR DO- IT -YOURSELF REPAIRS
Declined, postponed or if you decide to complete the repair yourself the $45.00 service call charge is due on the completion of the written quote.
Diagnostic charges are for tear down only. Additional charges apply for reassembly.
Why consider ROAD MECHANIC?
- No drop-off and pick-up inconvenience
- Licensed in Polk County and with the State of Florida
- Journeyman field service technician
- Will show you the problem and explain it to you
WHO USES ROAD MECHANIC?
- 75% of customers just want their equipment repaired as soon as possible
- 20% of customers want to avoid the hassle transporting their equipment
- 4% of customers complete the repairs themselves
- 1% cannot get in touch with their neighbor down the street