What sets ROAD MECHANIC Apart from the rest of the industry?
- We only provide lawn mower breakdown repairs
- Saturday & Sunday service calls
- You will receive an itemized written quote for the repair, not an estimate
- Service calls are scheduled within three days
- Arrival times are scheduled within a two hour window
- You have the option to complete the repairs yourself or use your new parts
- If parts are ordered, your mower will be repaired within one week
Please note, we do not provide over the phone estimates. Email your mowers model number and a short description of the problem and we will forward you an estimate.
Road Mechanic on-site lawn mower repair was established in 2012 exclusively for residential lawn mower owners that do not have the means to transport their lawn mower to a shop or cannot wait weeks until the repair is completed.
By concentrating solely on non-commercial lawn mower breakdowns in most cases your mower will be repaired on the day of the service call. If parts are ordered your mower will be repaired within one week of the initial service call.
We are aware of non-licensed individuals that advertise "Mobile repairs at your home". For your peace of mind and protection, ROAD MECHANIC is registered with the state of Florida as a limited liability company (LLC), licensed through Polk County and the Florida Department of Agriculture. Mobile repair license MV85895.
This website is designed to answer most of your questions so when you contact us for repairs there are no surprises. Last updated 5-19-17
Road Mechanic has no association with any lawn mower repair facility
HOW OUR SERVICE Works
We do have a $45.00 minimum service call labor charge
Schedule a service call by email, phone or text @ 863 286 1829
Mobile repair hours, Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Weekends 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Arrival time for the the last service call of the day is 1:00 pm.
Service calls are scheduled within 3 days. No emergency (same day) service calls are scheduled.
Service call arrival times are scheduled within a two hour window. We can only estimate how long each repair will take. If requested you will be notified with a precise arrival time after the completion of the previous service call.
An authorized representative must be present upon arrival.
A diagnostic or troubleshooting charge applies to all lawn mowers inspected. Diagnostic labor rate is $40.00 an hour billed in 1/4 hour increments.
After the diagnosis or inspection you will receive an Itemized written quote for your approval. Quotes are based on a repair labor rate of $60.00 an hour quoted in 15 minute increments.
863 286 1829
DECLINED, POSTPONED OR DIY REPAIRS
Declined, postponed or if you decide to complete the repair yourself you are charged the $45.00 minimum service call labor charge.
Diagnostic charges are for tear down only. Additional charges apply for reassembly.
Payment is due on completion of the written quote.
You can cancel or reschedule a service call up to a 1/2 hour before arrival.
Service calls not cancelled or rescheduled a half an hour before arrival will be billed a $60.00 cancellation fee.
You have the option to use your new parts
All parts are ordered from our on-line part suppliers. (we do not pickup parts locally)
Parts Shipping Charge $9.95
Standard industry warranty 30 days parts and labor
Written quotes are valid for 24 hours
863 286 1829
Recommended repairs that are best left to a lawn mower repair shop
- Engine replacement or internal engine repairs
- Transmission (trans-axle) replacement or repairs
- Hydraulic steering repairs
- Deck welding or straightening
- Equipment that requires extensive or numerous repairs
DON'T GET FOOLED BY FLY-BY-NIGHTS
Check them out
The links below can be used to check on any licensed contractor or registered business in FL.
ROAD MECHANIC LLC IS A LICENSED ON-SITE REPAIR COMPANY
licensed through Polk County and The Florida Department of Agricultural
Mobile Repair LICENSE MV85895
Why consider ROAD MECHANIC?
- No drop-off and pick-up inconvenience
- Licensed in Polk County and with the State of Florida
- Journeyman field service technician. Factory trained and certified on all 4-stroke gas engines and d/c electrical systems
- Will show you the problem and explain it
WHO USES ROAD MECHANIC?
- 75% of customers just want their lawn mower repaired as soon as possible
- 20% of customers want to avoid the hassle transporting their lawn mower
- 4% of customers complete the repairs themselves
- 1% cannot get in touch with their neighbor down the street